Giving Thanks During National Nurses Week
Every year, we recognize the excellent work and service of our nurses across the nation with National Nurses Week, which will run from May 6-12 this year. As the frontline of a world health crisis, this week takes on a whole new meaning for our appreciation and gratitude for our nurses here at Memorial Woodland Village and across the world.
All of our lives, daily routines and procedures at work have been impacted by COVID-19, but the clinical excellence and compassionate service has not wavered with our team here at Memorial Woodland Village. For National Nurses Week, we are asking for participation from everyone in giving thanks and recognition to our nurses. Please head to our Facebook page, and leave a comment on our post with this blog with a message, photo or video to a nurse or nurses of your choice.
We’d also like to point out some of the many responsibilities that our nurses have at Memorial Woodland Village:
- Focusing not only on the physical ailments associated with aging, but also with mental impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- They monitor patients’ conditions and assess their vital signs, noting any physical or mental decline and reporting back to the doctor.
- They administer medications and other treatments and help patients manage common age-related conditions such as incontinence, sleep disturbances or loss of mobility.
- Promote patient’s independence.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- In addition to the physical toll, they often encounter emotional stress, especially when interacting with patients who have severe cognitive decline and may be angry or fearful.
Not everyone working at Memorial Woodland Village can do every job, except our nurses! Thank you, nurses, for your compassion, clinical excellence and education, even during this unprecedented time.
Charlie HodgeSeptember 2020 | Resident of the Month
Our September Resident of the Month is Charlie Hodge! Mr. Hodge has been with Memorial Woodland Village for about 2…
Andrea MannarinoSeptember 2020 | Employee of the Month
Our September Employee of the Month is Andrea Mannarino, COTA with the therapy department. Andrea has been with Memorial Woodland…
Prostate Cancer Awareness MonthSeptember 2020 | Letter from the Administrator
September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, which means now is the perfect time to learn more about this cancer, and…