September is Healthy Aging Month
This is the month to celebrate life and turn over a new leaf because September is Healthy Aging Month. We’re dedicating the month of September to helping everyone gain a positive outlook about growing older.
September is the perfect time for Healthy Aging Month as we all look for what to do next after our fun summers. Whether making healthy diet choices or picking up new activities, now is the time to get started on better health practices.
Here are 5 tips to follow during Healthy Aging Month:
- Be Positive – Take a positive attitude into all of your conversations and actions throughout the day. Whenever you feel negative comments or thoughts creep into your head, quickly changed the subject to something more positive. (The local news channel or political radio may not be the best choice anymore)
- Smile More – One way to be positive is to smile more. Research shows people who smile more often are happier. When others around you see your happiness, the smiles will start to spread around you.
- Let’s Dance – Did you know that older adults who engage in physical activity are 60% less likely to get dementia? The next time your favorite song comes on, shake a leg and enjoy yourself.
- Go For A Walk – Another option for physical activity is going for a walk. Your walks can also turn into conversations with others walking. Set a goal to be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Eat Fresh – Mix in more fruits and veggies into your diet. A well-balanced diet can help you stay energized and get the nutrients you need.
Vernon “Andy” Norris, Maintenance & Environmental Service TechnicianJuly 2020 | Employee of the Month
Congratulations to Vernon “Andy” Norris as our July Employee of the Month! Andy has been with Memorial Woodland Village for…
Dalwin CuevasJuly 2020 | Resident of the Month
The July Resident of the Month is . . . . Dalwin Cuevas! Mr. Cuevas has been with Memorial Woodland…
Happy Birthday JulyJuly 2020 | Birthday
Here at Memorial Woodland Village, we would like to give a big Happy Birthday to our residents and staff with…